Dynamic split items
Once a track has been selected, if we press d we access the dynamic split items menu which allows us to automatically insert the stretch markers
Dynamic split items menù
This menu has three submenus:
– Split points
– Action to perform
The first is the. menu that allows us to decide where and how many markers to insert in the clip:
- At transient: allows you to insert markers on all transients.
- When gate opens: allows you to insert the markers only when the gate opens.
- When gate closes: allows you to insert markers only when the gate closes.
- Reduce splits: allows you to modify the number of markers that are inserted.
- Min slice length: allows you to adjust the minimum size of the distance between two markers.
- Min silence lenght: allows you to adjust the minimum length of a silence;
The second submenu allows you to adjust the internal gate of the dynamic split item used to insert the markers:
- Threshold: sets the gate threshold value.
- Hysteresis: sets the gate hysteresis value.
- Display gate threshold in media items: allows you to view the threshold and hysteresis values within the clip.
Action to perform
The third submenu is used to set how the dynamic split items will process the selected clip. The first drop-down menu allows you to choose between:
- Split selected items: will cut the audio file on the selected transients.
- Split selected and grouped items: will cut all audio files selected and / or grouped on selected transients.
- Add stretch markers to selected item: it will insert some stretch markers on the selected transients.
- Add stretch markers to selected item and grouped items: will insert stretch markers on selected transients on all selected and / or grouped audio files.
- Add transient guide markers to selected items: inserts guidelines on transients without actually dividing them.
All other options are available only when the split option is selected
- Set new item timebase to beats: a new timebase will be created for all the cuts that will be made. This option is useful when changing the tempo of the project, in fact if you do not enable this option the individual clips will be strung on the beats.
- Set snap offset to peak value within first: determines how many milliseconds from the start of the clip snap will be enabled.
- Remove silent areas: removes all parts of silence.
- Leading / trealing pad: moves the cut point to the right or left of the selected transient by a certain number of ms.
- Fade pad: inserts a cross fade between the cut point and the transient.
At the bottom there are four buttons:
- Set transient sensitivity: described below
- Preset: to save or load presets.
- Add stretch markers / split: to insert markers or cuts.
- cancel: to exit the menu without modifying the clips.
Set transient sensitivity
With this menu it is possible to calibrate the sensitivity of the transient search:
Set transient sensitivity
- Sensitivity: controls the sensitivity to the transient (the lower the value, the less transients are detected)
- Threshold: controls the threshold for the detection of transients.
- use zero crossing: Move the cut to the zero crossing point to avoid clicks.
- Display thrashold in media items while this windows is open: shows the threshold level on the clip.
- Media item selection follows tab-to-transient: enables the ability to move on all cuts with the tab key.
- Move by at least 1 pixel when navigating by transients: Forces the cursor to move at least 1 pixel when there are very small selections.