Foundation Course (Pre-academic)
Established under the Ministerial Decree 382/2018 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
Bass, Foundation Course
One-on-one bass classes, music labs in different formations: from trios to middle formations that will be taken to perform in the clubs of the capital, multi-stylistic rhythm section for bass and drums, Pop-rock harmony and Ear training, complementary studies of modern piano, Music Technology for the pre-production of the student's own original projects.
Fill out the form and you will receive by e-mail the study program and detailed information on application procedures as well as a complete schedule of all deadlines.
Intensive foundation course in electronic Bass, preparing to the admission to first cycle academic courses. The pre-academic course has a duration ranging from 1 to 3 years, depending on the student's self-preparation level and study ability. Final concert (Degree's concert).
Skills are acquired in the following areas:
Job opportunities that the three-year first cycle academic courses of Popular Music opens:
- artist and band leader of original projects
- bassist for live performances and recording sessions
- arranger for small and medium ensembles
- music producer .
- music author for sonorizations and music applied to images
Foundation pre-academic course includes the choice between different types of attendance:
The Pre-academic Courses do not start from scratches, they assume a previous practice on the instrument of two to three years the least.
It is possible to access the first year of the course or to enter directly the second or third pre-academic year. For each subject the student will be admitted to the most appropriate level based on the admission tests: for instance, it is possible to be admitted to the 3rd level of bass, the second level of harmony and the first level of ear training, according to the student's entry knowledge. Each subject will therefore follow its own path at its own level.
Admission tests are usually held in June and, for places remaining available, in September. International students can sit the admission tests online from February of the previous year until June the latest.
- Bass test, performance of one or more pieces / exercises chosen by the student, in-depth analysis requested by the Commission (see "Admission requirements and study plan" below to find out in detail the tests required for bass)
- Harmony knowledge test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Ear training test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Aptitude test and motivational interview