Established under the Ministerial Decree 382/2018 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
Intensive course of preparation in Jazz Drums for admission to first level academic courses. The pre-academic course has a duration ranging from 1 to 3 years, depending on the level of entry and the student's ability to study.
Skills are acquired in the following areas:
The first cycle academic courses prepare for the professions of:
- artist and band leader of original projects
- jazz live performances and recording sessions
- arranger for small and medium ensembles
- music producer .
- music author for sonorizations and music applied to images
The Pre-academic Courses do not start from scratches, they assume a previous practice on the instrument of two to three years the least.
It is possible to access the first year or directly to the second or third pre-academic year. For each subject you will be placed at the appropriate level based on the admission tests: for example, you can be admitted to the 3rd level of drums classes, the second level of harmony studies and the first level of Ear training, according to your knowledge. Each subject will therefore follow its own path at its own level.
Admission tests are usually held in June and, for places remaining available, in September. International students can sit the admission tests online from February of the previous year until June the latest.
- Jazz drums test, performance of one or more pieces/exercises chosen by the student, further information requested by the Commission (go to "Admission requirements and study plan" below to find out in detail the tests required for drums)
- Jazz harmony test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Ear training test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Aptitude test and motivational interview
The pre-academic course includes the choice between 4 different methods of attendance:
MASTERCLASSES & VISITING ARTISTS
Kurt Elling with Rosario Giuliani | I like the sunrise | live@specialguest2017
Lenny White | masterclass@SaintLouis 2016
Gegè Telesforo - Master Class "vocal jazz concept"
Paolo Fresu | We are the music | Masterclass @ SaintLouis
Paolo Fresu - master class @ urbano47 - 2014
Robben Ford & Lello Panico MasterClass