Foundation Course (Pre-academic)
Established under the Ministerial Decree 382/2018 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
Drums, Foundation course
One-to-one drum classes, music labs working in different formations: from trios to the middle formations that will be taken to perform in the clubs of the Capital, Rhythm section for bass and drums, Pop-rock harmony studies and Ear training, complementary studies of modern piano, Music Technology for the pre-production of the own original projects.
Fill out the form and you will receive by e-mail the study program and detailed information on application procedures as well as a complete schedule of all deadlines.
Intensive foundation course in Drums, preparing the students to the admission to first cycle academic courses. The pre-academic course has a duration ranging from 1 to 3 years, depending on the student's self-preparation level and study ability.
Skills are acquired in the following areas:
Job opportunities that the three-year first cycle academic courses of Popular Music opens:
- artist and band leader of original projects
- drummer for live performances and recording sessions
- arranger for small and medium ensembles
- music producer .
- music author for sonorizations and music applied to images
Foundation pre-academic course includes the choice between different types of attendance:
The Pre-academic Courses do not start from scratches, they assume a previous practice on the instrument of two to three years the least.
It is possible to access the first year or directly to the second or third pre-academic year. For each subject you will be placed at the appropriate level based on the admission tests: for example, you can be admitted to the 3rd level of drums classes, the second level of harmony studies and the first level of Ear training, according to your knowledge. Each subject will therefore follow its own path at its own level.
Admission tests are usually held in June and, for places remaining available, in September. International students can sit the admission tests online from February of the previous year until June the latest.
- Drums test, performance of one or more pieces/exercises chosen by the student, further information requested by the Commission (go to "Admission requirements and study plan" below to find out in detail the tests required for drums)
- Harmony knowledge test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Ear training test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Aptitude test and motivational interview