Foundation Course (Pre-academic)
Established under the Ministerial Decree 382/2018 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
Pop-rock Vocals, Foundation course
Study of the technique of modern singing, study of the pop-rock repertoire, music labs in different formations: from trios to medium formations that will be taken to perform in the clubs of the Capital, Gospel and Pop choirs, Pop-rock harmony studies and Ear training, complementary studies of modern piano, Music Technology for pre-production of the own original projects.
Fill out the form and you will receive by e-mail the study program and detailed information on application procedures as well as a complete schedule of all deadlines.
Job opportunities that the three-year first cycle academic courses of Popular Music opens:
- artist and band leader of original projects
- singer and chorister for live performances and recording sessions
- arranger for small and medium ensembles
- music producer .
- music author for sonorizations and music applied to images
Foundation pre-academic course includes the choice between different types of attendance:
The pre-academic paths do not start from scratch, they presuppose a previous practice on the instrument / singing of at least two-three years.
It is possible to access the first year or directly to the second or third pre-academic year. For each subject you will be placed at the appropriate level based on the admission tests: for example, you can be admitted to the 3rd level of vocals, the second level of harmony and the first level of ear training, based on your knowledge. Each subject will therefore follow its own path at its own level.
Admission tests are usually held in June and, for places remaining available, in September. International students can sit the admission tests online from February of the previous year until June the latest.
- Vocal test, performance of one or more pieces / exercises chosen by the student, further information requested by the Commission (go to "Admission requirements and study plan" below to find out in detail the tests required for vocal technique and repertoire)
- Harmony knowledge test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Ear training test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Aptitude test and motivational interview