Established under the Ministerial Decree 382/2018 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
Intensive foundation course in Jazz Guitar, preparing to the admission to first cycle academic courses. The pre-academic course has a duration ranging from 1 to 3 years, depending on the student's entry level and study ability.
Skills are acquired in the following areas:
- The first cycle academic courses prepare for the professions of:
jazz artist and band leader of original projects
jazz guitarist for live performances and recording sessions
arranger for small, medium and large ensembles
music producer .
music author for sonorizations and music applied to images
The Pre-academic Courses do not start from scratches, they assume a previous practice on the instrument of two to three years the least.
It is possible to access the first year of the course or to enter directly the second or third pre-academic year. For each subject the student will be admitted to the most appropriate level based on the admission tests: for instance, it is possible to be admitted to the 3rd level of jazz guitar, the second level of harmony and the first level of ear training, according to the student's entry knowledge. Each subject will therefore follow its own path at its own level.
Admission tests are usually held in June and, for places remaining available, in September. International students can sit the admission tests online from February of the previous year until June the latest.
- Jazz guitar test, execution of one or more standards and exercises chosen by the student, further insights requested by the Commission will be asked if needed (go to "Admission info and study plan" below to know in detail the tests required for guitar)
- Jazz harmony test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Ear training test, see mock test for access to the 2nd and 3rd level
- Aptitude test and motivational interview
The pre-academic course includes the choice between 4 different methods of attendance:
MASTERCLASSES & VISITING ARTISTS
Kurt Elling with Rosario Giuliani | I like the sunrise | live@specialguest2017
Lenny White | masterclass@SaintLouis 2016
Gegè Telesforo - Master Class "vocal jazz concept"
Paolo Fresu | We are the music | Masterclass @ SaintLouis
Paolo Fresu - master class @ urbano47 - 2014
Robben Ford & Lello Panico MasterClass